About the Office
|Hours||M-F 8:30 - 4:30|
|Address||412 Broad St., Suite 3
Milford, PA 18337
|Deputy Director||Janine Acoveno|
This section of the Probation Office is staffed with Probation Officers, Caseworkers, and such other assistants as are necessary to serve the Court of Common Pleas. The Domestic Relations Department is the child support assessment/enforcement unit of the Court of Common Pleas. Staff receive initial child and spousal support complaints, conduct paternity investigations, conduct support conferences, receive and process changes in circumstances rendering modification, enforce existing support orders, and initiate or receive and process registration of foreign Court Orders. The office is located in the Pike County Courthouse, Milford, Pennsylvania.
Court Functions and Responsibilities
- Initiate, receive and process child and spousal support complaints, and reciprocal complaints from other County and State jurisdictions.
- Conduct child support conference proceedings to determine child and spousal support obligations.
- Evaluate for the purpose of enforcement, controlling orders and continuing exclusive jurisdiction based on the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
- Monitor and reconcile existing support accounts.
- Act as information liaison between County and State PACSES support collection process.
- Conduct modification support conferences.
- Prepare contempt actions and testify in court at Non-Support hearings.
- Enforce payment of genetic testing fees.