About the Office
|Hours||M-F 8:30 - 4:30|
|Address||412 Broad St., Suite 2
Milford, PA 18337
Chief Probation Officer
Deputy Chief Probation Officer
The Juvenile Probation Department is staffed with Probation Officers, Probation Officer Aides, and such other assistants as are necessary to serve the Court. Probation Officers are peace officers and have police powers and authority throughout the Commonwealth to detain alleged delinquent juveniles, make investigations, reports, and recommendations to the Pike County Court of Common Pleas. The Pike County Probation Office is located in the Pike County Courthouse, Milford, Pennsylvania.
The primary responsibility of the Pike County Juvenile Probation Department is to hold juveniles accountable who are alleged to have committed a delinquent act. This is accomplished by providing necessary and appropriate levels of supervision and services through balanced and restorative justice together with evidenced based practices in order to develop competency, protect the community, reduce recidivism, and victim restoration.
Court Functions and Responsibilities
- When necessary detain alleged delinquents pursuant to law and established procedures.
- Receive and examine complaints and charges of delinquency or dependency.
- Conduct juvenile social summary investigations, pre and post placement investigation and other reports as required.
- Manage and supervise electronic monitoring, community-based probation program, and superintend community service projects.
- Supervise and assist children placed on probation or released from a placement facility.
- Make appropriate referrals to community private or public agencies.
- Take into custody and detain a child under probation supervision for violation of probation conditions.
- Collect restitution, reparation, fees, costs, fines, and penalties.