The AAA office staff are here to assist you with information and resources to help you make your choices by providing assistance with senior benefit programs, Social Security, Medicare, eligibility for low-income senior programs including home and community services, along with:
- Home-delivered Meals
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Healthy Aging Programs
- Case Management
- Senior Activities
- Support Groups
The Pike County AAA also provides many other services throughout the year, such as, but not limited to:
- Blood Pressure Check
- Eyeglass Clinics
- Farmer's Market Nutrition Vouchers
- Farmer's Market Produce Truck
- Flu Shots
- Options Counseling
- Tax Season AARP Tax Preparation (February to April ONLY)
The Senior Center provides an opportunity for individuals to socialize and participate in group activities and health promotion such as:
- Nutritious, heart-healthy meals
- Recreation and crafts
- Education programs and speakers
- Recreational outdoor activities
- Social events
For a list of our Senior Centers and the hours of operation, please visit the Senior Centers list page.
Our meals are heart-healthy and packaged to ensure appealing nourishment and delivered to eligible* consumers in their home.
Use this form to ask about this program.
Meals on Wheels Volunteer's
Subject: Scam Alert
I wanted to let you all know that this morning one of our home-bound clients received a call claiming they were from “meals on wheels” and began requesting personal information. The caller knew the individual’s name, her son’s name, and the name of the bank she dealt with. The caller asked several personal questions about home ownership, bank balances, etc. Needless to say, this was NOT a representative of the meals on wheels program here in Berks County.
We’ve sent out notifications to our clients, and will also be releasing a press release about this scam. I did want to share this with you as well as I know many of you share scam notifications within your networks. Never hurts to spread the word quickly.
President & CEO – Berks Encore
President – Meals on Wheels State Association
40 N 9 St.
Reading, PA 19601
610.374.3195 x 222
These OMBUDSMEN are trained advocates for consumers of Long-Term Care Services, who help in the following ways:
- Consumer/Facility Visitation
- Consumer Education
- Mentor/Volunteer Team Leader
Are you looking for a way to really MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you enjoy working with Senior Citizens? Do you have some time you want to fill with a worthwhile activity such as helping ensure the rights of long-term care consumers?
Contact us for more information about the Ombudsman Program.
There are Certified Counselors trained to assist beneficiaries to review their options.
By appointment only.
Contact us by phone at
570-775-5550 ext. 1313
Adult Day Care
A supervised program which includes activities, socialization and nutrition services provided by a state licensed, non-residential facility for older adults.
Enhanced ADC can also be offered in non-traditional settings.
Adult Day Services provide:
- Structured activities
- Health-related services for older adults that are physically or cognitively challenged and who want to remain at home
- Social and mental stimulation, to care for their physical needs
- Give their caregiver, usually a family member, a much-needed break
Transportation can be arranged through any County Transportation System from any area within Pike and Wayne Counties.
The Center is open Monday through Friday, based on consumer needs.
For more information about Wayne County Adult Day Services, call 570-253-4262 or email@example.com.
You can prevent Elder Abuse Document
Abuse reports can be made on behalf of an older adult whether the person lives in their home or in a care facility such as a nursing facility, personal care home, hospital, etc. The reporters may remain anonymous and have legal protection from retaliation, discrimination and civil or criminal prosecution.
COMMON SIGNS AND/OR SYMPTOMS OF ABUSE MAY INCLUDE:
- Weight Loss
- Bruises or Broken Bones
- Increased Confusion
- Unusual Withdrawals From Any Account
- Signing Over One’s Home to Another
This program requires the agency to address and/or investigate all cases of abuse.
Reporting of abuse is mandatory for employees and administrators in care settings and is voluntary and anonymous for the general public, and the law protects all reporters from retaliation and civil or criminal liability.
The Area Agencies on Aging receive reports 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are responsible for investigating within 72 hours.
Any person who believes that an older adult is being abused, neglected, exploited, or abandoned may file a CONFIDENTIAL report at any time with the Pike County Area Agency on Aging or by calling the 24-hour abuse hotline at 1-800-490-8505.
If someone is at imminent risk, please contact your local law enforcement immediately.
Sorry but we have booked all of the appointments for tax preparation services this season at the Blooming Grove and Matamoras Senior Centers. Please make other arrangements to file your federal tax return.
AARP is accepting volunteers for next year to help more people. Check out https://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/get-involved
- A copy of last year's income tax returns. It is IMPERATIVE.
- W-2 forms for each employer
- SSA-1099 form, if paid Social Security
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc)
- 1099-MISC showing all miscellaneous income
- 1099-R form if you receive a pension or an annuity
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Bank documentation relevant to mortgage debt forgiveness
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID/Social Security numbers)
- All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
- Social Security cards or other documentation for yourself & all dependents
- All paid property tax bills
Tax Documents to bring regarding your health insurance:
- Health insurance coverage for you, your spouse & dependents
- If you do not have a full coverage, bring information on monthly coverage
- If you purchased health insurance through the Healthcare Marketplace, you must bring Form 1095
- Bring any healthcare exemptions received from the IRS or the Healthcare Marketplace
During bad weather, if the schools are closed, tax appointments are automatically canceled, call to reschedule. If there is a two-hour delay, tax preparation appointments begin at noon. All a.m. schedules are automatically canceled.