This office provides emergency rental and mortgage assistance, utility assistance, food vouchers and listing of county food pantries, emergency shelter, County housing rehab program, referrals, funding and information source for local human service agencies.
- Refusing to sell or rent to, deal or negotiate with any person.
- Discriminating on terms or conditions for buying or renting housing.
- Discriminating by advertising that housing is available only to persons of a certain race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap (disability), age or ancestry.
- Denying that housing is available for inspection, sale or rent when it really is available.
- Blockbusting-for profit, persuading owners to sell or rent housing by telling them that minority groups are moving into the neighborhood.
- Denying or making different terms or conditions for home loans by financial institutions.
- Denying to anyone the use or participation in any real estate services, multiple listing services or other facilities related to the selling and renting of housing.
If you’re a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer.
If you’re Limited English Proficient and require a document translation, please contact the below Fair Housing Officer.
All residents are hereby notified that Robert Ruiz is designated as Fair Housing Officer for Pike County and that any resident that believes they have been discriminated against under any of the above conditions may file a complaint with the Fair Housing Officer at the following address:
Executive Director, Human Services
506 Broad Street
Milford, PA 18337
At their meeting on Wednesday, July 1, 2020, the Pike County Board of Commissioners adopted their annual resolution setting forth this fair housing policy.